STAYING COVID-19 SECURE IN 2021
5 January 2021 Update
Pinewood Group (Pinewood) is committed to maintaining the health & wellbeing of all persons using Pinewood and Shepperton Studios and controlling the risks posed by COVID-19 while continuing to keep the studios operational for our customers.
We continue to follow UK government guidance and the five key steps outlined in the Government’s COVID-19 Secure Guidelines (first published on 11 May 2020) are in place:
1. Carry out a COVID-19 risk assessment
Pinewood has a COVID-19 risk assessment in place which will continue to be reviewed and updated as government guidelines evolve. All organisations working at our studios are expected to carry out a COVID-19 risk assessment.
2. Reinforce cleaning processes, handwashing and hygiene
Cleaning regimes have been enhanced throughout the studios, with a particular focus on common areas, welfare facilities and high-touch points. The importance of handwashing is reinforced through signage, training and induction materials. Additional hand sanitising facilities have been installed, with a focus on high footfall areas and entry/exit points.
3. Taking all reasonable steps to assist staff to work safely from a COVID-19 secure workplace or carry out their job function from home
Pinewood has enabled all staff that can work from home to do so, and staff have the tools required to allow them to adapt to a home-working environment.
4. Maintaining 2m social distancing on site where possible
Comprehensive measures have been put in place to maintain social distancing on site, including:
- One-way pedestrian routes and one-way entry/exit doors.
- Wall and ground signage to reinforce social distancing across the sites and particularly in areas of congregation or where queues form.
- Shift patterns have been introduced or adapted to minimise the level of physical interactions between staff or likelihood of congregation.
- Catering facilities are take-away only.
4. Managing transmission risk when 2m social distancing cannot be maintained
Work schedules have been changed to enable social distancing. Where 2m social distancing cannot be maintained, mitigation measures have been assessed and introduced to maintain a minimum of 1m social distancing. Protective barriers have been installed at places of contact between staff and with customers (such as reception).
These operating procedures will continue to be updated in response to changes to legislation and government guidance. It is the responsibility of all persons on site to assist in reducing the risks of transmission of the virus. Please note that Pinewood may refuse access or remove any person from site who fails to follow the COVID-19 secure plans, site safety rules, government guidance or any procedure put in place to minimise the risks of transmission of COVID-19.