Reference No. 0226
About the role:
Based at Pinewood Studios, the Carpenter works directly for the Facility Services Supervisor and is responsible for the redecoration, maintenance and uplift of Pinewood’s facilities to ensure they are in suitable condition for hire.
- Assist the Facility Services Refurbishment Supervisor in the safe, efficient and effective refurbishment of Pinewood’s facilities.
- Carry out first fix including installation of wooden structures, joists, staircases, stud walls, doors, window frames as required.
- Carry out second fix including installation of flooring, skirting boards, door surrounds, doors, cupboards, worktops, shelving including ironmongery and locks as required.
- Install and replacement of ceiling tiles and grid.
- Wood flooring installation.
- Kitchen / tea point installations.
- Support other members of the team with non-carpentry duties as required to ensure deadlines are met.
- Ensure staff expectations and behaviours are met and the team’s equipment and tools are maintained and used correctly and safely.
- Any other duties deemed appropriate by line management.
Competencies and qualifications:
- City and Guilds / NVQ level 2 Carpentry or proof of time served apprenticeship / on the job training with current references
- Additional trade qualifications or experience in general maintenance is desirable
- Computer literate in MS Office and usage of PDA to record timesheets / job status (training provided on specific system)
- Customer service driven with a positive approach to differing people and situations
- Desirable commercial industry experience and knowledge of sector
- Excellent ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Strong team player and orientation towards teamwork
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication and confidence skills
- Health and Safety aware
- Role location: Pinewood Studios
- Job grade: 3 (Upper)
- Salary: Up to £27,500 per annum
- Annual discretionary bonus based on Company and individual performance
- Extensive competitive company benefits package including private healthcare, 25 days holiday, canteen subsidy and free film screenings
Some travel may be required and ability to commute when needed, mainly between our Pinewood and Shepperton studios on an ad hoc basis. We provide transport from nearby tube and mainline rail stations to the studios. Details of our free shuttle bus service available on our website.
Closing date for applications is 27th November 2020
We are highly committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and actively encourage applicants to apply from underrepresented groups. As a Stonewall Diversity Champion, we welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
As such we would invite you to please complete our Diversity Monitoring Survey. We collect this information for equality monitoring purposes, as permitted by law, but you do not have to complete this form. If you choose to provide this information, you will help Pinewood develop our equal opportunities policies and to monitor each stage of recruitment. All the information you provide will be anonymous and is not considered with your application.