Construction Operative (Shepperton Studios)
Reference No. 233
About the role
The Construction Operative carries out general building maintenance tasks to the Studio's structures, fabric and grounds. They support the activity and smooth running of both the electrical and estate maintenance teams within our Facility Services departments across the Pinewood group sites.
- General building and maintenance activities whilst maintaining a high standard of cleanliness throughout the site.
- Roofing maintenance and small project tasks, including sheet and felt coverings, soffits and fascia’s, gutters and downpipes and gutter blockages and clearance.
- Fabric maintenance tasks and small projects works including brick/block work and render, patch plaster, render repair, carpet tile fitting and painting and decoration.
- General ground work and maintenance tasks including fencing, key clamp, posts, paving, road surfaces, manholes, line markings, surface and foul drainage, drain works and emergency spills.
- Scaffold tower erecting
- Follow H&S guidelines to maintain a safe working environment at all times
Skills and experience
- Any relevant trade qualification or experience in general maintenance is preferred
- Computer literacy is essential – Must be able to use PDA to record timesheets / job status (training provided on specific system) and read emails
- Customer service driven
- Self-motivated and effective time manager
- Excellent ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Strong team player and orientation towards teamwork
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication and confidence skills
- Role location: Shepperton Studios
- Grade: 3 (Lower)
- Salary: Up to £26,000 per annum, dependent on experience
- Annual discretionary bonus based on Company and individual performance
- Extensive competitive company benefits package including private healthcare, 25 days holiday, canteen subsidy and free film screenings
Closing date for applications is 31st January 2021
We are highly committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce and actively encourage applicants to apply from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
As such we would invite you to please complete our Diversity Monitoring Survey. We collect this information for equality monitoring purposes, as permitted by law, but you do not have to complete this form. If you choose to provide this information, you will help Pinewood develop our equal opportunities policies and to monitor each stage of recruitment. All the information you provide will be anonymous and is not considered with your application.