Group Reporting Manager
About the role
We have a new opportunity for a Group Reporting Manager to join our Finance team. In this role you would report to the Group Financial Controller and be one of two accountants in the Finance team that focusses on Group aspects, together with complex financial accounting and technical accounting issues. The role works alongside the Senior Finance Manager to prepare the management accounts.
The Group Reporting Manager is responsible for the preparation of the quarterly external reporting to our debt investors (debt instruments being listed on The International Stock Exchange - TISE), the preparation of the Group annual report and accounts, and leading the external audit for the Group. The role is also responsible for the preparation of certain complex UK statutory accounts. The Group Reporting Manager provides technical accounting solutions/ advice, ensuring appropriate accounting decisions are taken by the Group. The role also provides robust finance input to corporate and financial restructuring activities.
- Preparation of the externally reported Group consolidated accounts (quarterly external reporting and annual statutory reporting) under FRS102.
- Clear areas of accounting complexity with external audit as they arise, to ensure a cleared position well in advance of the quarterly reporting dates.
- Provision of optimal technical accounting solutions, to be included in external reporting, plans and business cases.
- Lead the audit close process for the Group, delivering a timely and ‘no surprises’ year end.
- Lead, manage and support the business in any financial and corporate restructuring activities, including all financial aspects of M&A and financing activities.
- Prepare UK statutory accounts for certain trading entities.
- Manage the relationship with external consultants providing UK corporation tax services.
- Support the Group’s planning process with the provision of technical accounting solutions to emerging business issues.
- Support the Group FC and the Financial Performance Manager with the delivery of quarterly presentations and statements for external reporting.
Skills and experience
- Degree level education or equivalent experience
- A relevant financial qualification (ACA or ACCA) is essential
- Extensive professional experience (e.g. significant experience PQE)
- Strong IFRS or FRS 102 capability, with experience of providing accounting solutions to complex issues/ contracts
- Experience of preparing consolidated accounts
- Experience of working within a Group or Divisional Finance function
- Strong across all MS Office applications, with at least intermediate Excel skills.
- Problem-solving/ solution-based capability
- Plans ahead, with a proven ability of meeting tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and analytical mindset
- Excellent written and verbal communication across a range of stakeholders
- Ability to manage resource in other teams/ functions to achieve the deliverable
- Working in external audit desirable but not essential
- Experience of working with an ERP system/ Group consolidation system desirable
- Grade: 6 (Upper)
- Role location: Pinewood Studios
- Competitive salary, flexible depending on experience
- Annual discretionary bonus of up to 15% of salary based on Company and individual performance
- Extensive competitive company benefits package including private healthcare, income protection, canteen subsidy and free film screenings
Closing date for applications is 7th March 2021
We are highly committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce and actively encourage applicants to apply from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
As such we would invite you to please complete our Diversity Monitoring Survey. We collect this information for equality monitoring purposes, as permitted by law, but you do not have to complete this form. If you choose to provide this information, you will help Pinewood develop our equal opportunities policies and to monitor each stage of recruitment. All the information you provide will be anonymous and is not considered with your application.