Head of Health, Safety, Sustainability and Compliance
Reference No. 231
About the role
A unique opportunity has arisen to join the Operations senior leadership team at Pinewood Studios. Reporting to the Operations Director, the Head of Health, Safety, Sustainability and Compliance (HSSC) leads a team of subject matter experts, aligning their capabilities to the strategic priorities of the organisation in relation to health and safety, fire, security, sustainability and compliance.
The role acts as a direct line manager of five individuals across Pinewood and Shepperton Studios and leads a highly performing team of ten in total.
The ideal candidate would have a background working in facility/estate management or construction businesses. A robust knowledge of current legislative matters and industry best practice is critical, as well as strong communication skills that can be adapted to suit internal and external stakeholders. Interaction with the Board of Directors, senior managers and external agencies and local authorities adds complexity and challenge within the stakeholder network of the role.
- Lead at a strategic level on Health, Safety, Sustainability and Compliance matters across the Group, through liaison and coordination between internal departments and external stakeholders and ensure the Studio’s operations are aligned with the overall Company’s corporate strategy.
- Develop and review the Health, Safety, Sustainability and Compliance strategy, policy, and procedures. Provide effective management, use of resources, provision of annual evaluation reports and inspire an environment of continuous improvement.
- Ensure compliance with Health, Safety, Environmental protection and statutory legislative requirements, through workplace inspection, internal auditing, interpretation of legislation and the incorporation of adequate protocols and procedures.
- Monitor and analyse accident/incident and near-miss trends to identify, develop and promote accident prevention strategies for all staff, contractors and clients.
- Provide technical and professional expertise and advice relating to maintenance of the Company’s current and future portfolio, particularly in relation to the management of asbestos, legionella and fire safety. Provide guidance on appropriate funding and strategies to maintain a safe working environment.
- Act as the lead in carbon management and reduction, ensuring annual data collection and monitoring of energy/fuel use and directing the implementation of the carbon management plan to ensure the transition to a low-carbon organisation.
- Establish and maintain a network with other external agencies, such as Health and Safety Executive (HSE), local authorities and Environment Agency (EA) to identify good practice and improve the Health and Safety, Compliance and Sustainability management systems across the Group.
- Review and drive efficiency of the company’s CAFM (Loc8) system in effective works management, record keeping and quality and compliance auditing.
- Oversee the procurement and contract management of utilities and specialist service providers to the Health, Safety, Sustainability and Compliance team.
Skills and experience
- NEBOSH or NCRQ Diploma or equivalent relevant qualification
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline e.g. Engineering, Real Estate Management etc or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated management and leadership experience
- Proven experience of managing Health, Safety, Sustainability and Compliance matters in Real Estate/Construction or a relevant industry
- Strong candidates would have eexperience operating in large throughput tenant/public environments e.g. airports, universities, hospitals etc.
- Role location: Primarily Pinewood Studios with some travel to Shepperton Studios
- Grade: 7 (Lower)
- Annual discretionary bonus based on Company and individual performance
- Extensive competitive company benefits package including private healthcare, 25 days holiday, canteen subsidy and free film screenings
Closing date for applications is 15th January 2021
We are highly committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce and actively encourage applicants to apply from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
As such we would invite you to please complete our Diversity Monitoring Survey. We collect this information for equality monitoring purposes, as permitted by law, but you do not have to complete this form. If you choose to provide this information, you will help Pinewood develop our equal opportunities policies and to monitor each stage of recruitment. All the information you provide will be anonymous and is not considered with your application.